Friday, June 8, 2007

The faithfulness of God

This afternoon, we got quite a bit of much needed rain! (Thank you, Lord!) After it quit raining this evening, there was a beautiful rainbow in the sky. I love rainbows! Since I trusted Christ back in 1987, I have never been able to look at a rainbow as just being pretty. I am ALWAYS reminded of God's faithfulness everytime I see one. Why, you ask? I'm glad you asked! In Genesis 9, after the flood in the days of Noah, God promised He would never again destroy "all flesh" with a flood. The token of His promise? The rainbow. I don't know precisely how long ago that flood occurred, but suffice it to say, it's been quite a while. The way I figure it...God has been FAITHFUL to keep that promise all this time. God never changes. I think it's safe to say He'll be faithful to keep the rest of His Word too, don't you. :O) The picture below isn't the greatest....it was getting dark. There were actually two rainbows! One wasn't quite as bright as the other. Next time you see a rainbow, I hope you'll think of it as something other than "just pretty."

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Great post, and great picture!