Friday, March 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Rachel!

Yesterday, our third child entered that long-awaited territory...she turned thirTEEN! She has called herself a pre-teen for about 9 years now...so needless to say, she's looked forward to being a TEENager. :O) She's had a wonderful birthday this year, getting two things she has really, REALLY wanted! She got a new bow for her violin...which has made a big difference in her playing. And she got a flatiron for her hair. (sounds painful, doesn't it?) :O) She has VERY curly hair...almost unmanageable hair. And just like everybody else with naturally curly hair, she wanted straight hair. (Same as people who have straight hair pay to have curls, I guess.) Anyway, she was very surprised when she opened the box from her Grandmom and Granddad, as you can tell from the picture below...So now, not only is she a TEENager...she's a TEENager with STRAIGHT hair!
She didn't want a birthday cake this year...she wanted Papa Johns Pizza and broccolli salad and Koolaid pie. (super easy pie...I'll be posting the recipe on my other blog in a day or so.) Combine all of this with some money from her Papaw and Mamaw, and an oh-I've-just-got-to-have-it-book and cards from friends, and this is one happy little girl...oops, I mean TEENager. :O) Rachel is a joy, and is forever keeping us in stitches. She's always coming up with something funny to say or do. Spring is definitely in the process of springing here. We've had a foretaste of it the past few days! Our high was 70 degrees today! We are hoping to be able to plant our cool weather garden tomorrow, but I don't know if it'll be dry enough yet. But you won't hear me complaining...the past two years we have been way too dry! I'm thankful for the wet ground! :O) The ponds are very full now, and I think I can even see a bit of green grass coming up in the pasture. The cows are spending a lot less time around the hay ring now, and the chickens are starting to put out a good supply of large brown eggs again. Those are good signs that spring is on it's way!!
Hope you're all enjoying wonderful weather wherever you may be too! But above that, I hope you're all well and happy! I'll be posting again soon!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

My third child, a daughter, just turned 14 in Oct. She too called herself a pre-teen for the longest time!! I don't remember being that excited about it, but she sure was.