Monday, May 25, 2009

Holiday

It seems that vacation is barely over and here's another holiday! :) But I'm not knocking it. Matt worked a whole "not quite 2 full work days" and here we are vacating again. :) Gotta love that! Today we got up very early with full intentions of taking the boat to the lake. But at 5:00 AM, the sky was full of clouds. So we waited a while, spent some time "hilling" the potatoes, and by 11:00...trust me, we were ready to go to the lake. :)

It was still cloudy when we got out on the water...and we did get a little shower or two. (I'm grateful for that bimini top!!) :)
Katie has been aching to catch a big ol' catfish. Today she had her chance. She (with the help of her Daddy) hooks a big juicy worm, and lowers it to the bottom of the lake. She patiently waits for about 5 minutes. Then, lo and behold, she gets a bite. It's a big 'un and it bends her pole. She reels it in with all her might...giggling all the while...she gets it close to the surface of the water, gives the pole to her Daddy, and she grabs the line to get him out of the water...just as she was pulling that whopper over into the boat....the line breaks and he's gone...hook and all. :) I was so disappointed for her. But she's a trooper...all the more determined to get one next time.
Matt, as usual, spent most of his time baiting hooks and fixing things when we got all tangled up or hooked on something in the water. He has the patience of Job! :) I spent my time waiting to be baited, or get unhooked. :) If you know me at all, you know I love smilies. So just for the record...I use a smiley bobber-thingie. :)The remainder of the day was spent doing absolutely NOTHING but relaxing and watching the water go by. My kind of day. :) Hope your holiday was just as relaxing and enjoyable.

No comments: