Sunday, April 5, 2009

Calves and Bottles

Matt bought some new calves the other day. They're quite young...one of them young enough to still be bottle fed. That's Katie's job and she loves it. Can you tell? :) In other news, we are on the countdown with school!! Just 23 more school days left! We'll be doing a few achievement tests, finishing up books, and making a few more preparations for Jacob's college courses coming up in the fall. If we don't take any days off here and there, our last day should be May 6.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I have been abundantly blessed with lots of nice gifts!! My sweet son knows how much I love smileys. I needed a new coffee cup, and he thoughtfully combined my love of smileys with my need of a coffee cup and this is what I got!!! I love it! Isn't it happy?

And my sweet Mom and Dad got a HOT PINK iPod Shuffle for me, which I am loving, by the way! I usually walk a mile or two 4-6 times a week, and this handy little gadget has been keeping me company! :O)

My Mom also sent me some goodies from Gooseberry Patch that I have been admiring from afar! :O) I loved this little "Give Thanks" sign....


And this sweet little lamp for my kitchen...
I have been getting surprise packages in the mail all week! And I feel spoiled rotten! :O)

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday, Friend.
Love ya,
Teresa

HOPE said...

Happy late birthday Lori...

and..we think so much alike... I love the giving thanks sign too and I also have a kitchen lamp! Love them..my mom always had a little lamp in the kitchen..cozy.

I'll be back to visit..

thank you also for stopping by...it is wonderful isn't it to meet other like minded Christian women..with the same goals...to glorify the LORD of GLORY as homemakers and moms and g'moms.

God bless...
HOPE