Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 18th Birthday, Jacob!

My son officially turned 18 yesterday. All I can say is that the past 18 years went by in a blur! It all happened way too fast and I'm left standing here in disbelief! :) Nonetheless, it's happened and I only know there's nothing I can do to stop it! :) Of course, I wouldn't stop it if I could. As much as I loved having babies in the house, I've so enjoyed watching this boy (all my children, for that matter) mature into a young adult.
Seemingly overnight, he went from being a curly-headed baby, to a Hot Wheels-loving toddler who loved being around grownups, to a serious 4 year old who memorized all the Presidents of the United States just by studying the encyclopedia!! LOL! He entered kindergarten as a self-motivated learner who taught his Mama many things...asking questions so far over my head that I almost always had to send him to his Daddy!! Many of his questions were so deep...I simply had to exasperatingly admit, "Son, I just don't know!". :) He has always been a *deep thinker*. He finished high school having two very difficult college courses under his belt....with A's in both classes. In late August, he'll be entering college full-time aiming for a degree in Business. I have no doubts he'll accomplish that goal if the Lord is willing.

What a blessing he's been through the years. I'm grateful for a son who is a sober-minded, hard-working, responsible CHRISTian young man. (CHRISTian being most important) Proverbs 10:1 says, "A wise son maketh a glad father..." I can heartily add that it makes a glad mother too. :)

3 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

(Belated) Happy Birthday, Jacob!
And a job well done, Mom!

Anonymous said...

Jacob, we have never been more proud than we are now of your accomplishments. First and foremost, we are humbled and thankful that you are a Child of the King.

I will leave our love for you in this way - as I have heard it well said in another family we love.

"We love you to the moon and back".

Grandmom and Granddaddy

Anonymous said...

That made me cry!

We're blessed to know you, Jacob, and are grateful "our" Jacob is turning out to be a Godly young man like you!

Ms. Nita & Preacher Eddie