Monday, July 13, 2009

Auditioning!

Not sure if I mentioned it on the blog or not, but this summer, Rachel started with a new violin teacher at the recommendation of her old teacher. She felt like it was time for Rachel to move on to a new level of teaching. She's learned a lot from the new teacher, who is a very talented musician. She has "strongly" recommended that Rachel audition for the Knoxville Symphony Youth Orchestra.

Being as though the orchestra is (obviously) based in Knoxville, and we're an hour and a half away, we gave it a lot of thought and prayer. But we have decided to let her audition. No matter what happens, it'll be a good experience for her.

Her audition time is on the afternoon of August 22. She is SO excited/nervous/happy about this! In fact, she's already had a dream about receiving the acceptance/rejection letter in the mail...but in the dream, the letter is blurry and she can't tell if it's good or bad! LOL!

I remember when, at the age of seven, Rachel first mentioned wanting to play the violin. I also remember thinking..."hmmm, I wonder how long this will last. a week? maybe two?" :) It wasn't long after we got her a half-size violin and I saw the pleasure it gave her, that we prayed and asked the Lord to gift her with a talent to play for Him. We feel He answered that prayer. We are very thankful to Him and very proud of her.

I'm mentioning this well in advance because I'm sure she'd appreciate any prayers well in advance!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd mention, in passing, :0), that Rachel is our granddaughter, and the only one of our children who has taken an interest in music. Since I, her grandmother, play the piano, I am very thrilled. I will be praying daily about the audition.

Ramie and Janette Cushman,
Grandparents of a very talented young lady.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about this, Rachel! I have been privileged to see and hear first-hand of your gifts of music and I praise the Lord for this opportunity!

We love you from Holden Beach!
Ms. Nita and Preacherman

Jennifer said...

That is great! I'll be praying! I'm sure she'll be glad she did it, even if she doesn't get accepted. The most important thing is that she plays for God. Keep it up!

Sandra said...

When Jennifer told us she wanted to play the piano at age 8, we too wondered how long it would last. Now she's 18 and still loves it. I'll be praying for Rachel and for mama!!