Thursday, August 6, 2009

Yep, We're Still Here :)

Wow, has it really been almost a month since I posted anything here?? I guess I've been busy with life and just didn't realize it had been so long! :) Maybe you're wondering what's new. Well, let's see here....there's a new puppy named Ed....
a new calf named Hershey.... a new car (I think I'm in love)....
about 75 new jars of green beans adorning my pantry shelves....
and though I don't have pictures...we just started a new school year! :) I'm down to just two left in school now. Seems kinda strange. :) We have been homeschooling for quite a few years now, probably about twelve. That's a long time! We've got quite a supply of schoolbooks we've acquired over the years, so we only had to actually purchase just one textbook this year! That was nice.
The garden is doing well...but so are the weeds! We've been REALLY blessed with rain this year....so much that it's been hard getting in the garden! We actually flooded one day...both ponds overflowed. Considering we had two years of drought...I'm not complaining!
Rachel's audition is quickly approaching (Aug. 22) and she's been working very hard to prepare. :) Unfortunately for her, she will have to wait on an acceptance/rejection letter in the mail...hopefully the week after the audition. That'll be a long wait!!
So anyway, lots new going on here. Hope everything's good where you are!!!!

2 comments:

Renee said...

I've been following you're other blog and just found this one. I love your pictures! Good luck to Rachael on her audition and have a blessed homeschool year.

Sandra said...

I LOVE your car!!