Friday, July 20, 2007

I've been in a real pickle :O)

As much as I must admit that I am not a summer person (I don't like to sweat)...I still have to confess that I love the results of summer...namely, fresh veggies! We were given lots of cucumbers this week and I've been busy making relish and sweet pickles. The relish took some time to make but the results were good....12 half pint jars, 2 pint jars, and a quart jar!
I used a new recipe for pickles this year...freezer pickles. That's a first for me, but I was really pleased with the results! They are so yummy! (and very easy to make)
Canning and preserving has kept me busy, busy, busy, but at the same time, it's also kept me out of trouble this week. Funny thing though...with all this busy-ness going on, Amy decided this week would be a good time to go visit friends out of town. Hmmm. Think she had an ulterior motive?

No comments: