Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hey Y'all!

It's been several days since I last posted. Matt and I have been enjoying...well, uh, how do I say this? We've been enjoying "Q-U-I-E-T" this week. Amy and Rachel and Katie left Tuesday for a visit to my parents. Oh, it's not that we haven't missed them...no siree, it's not that at all. No way. We've really missed them all. I promise. :O) But we've somehow managed to thoroughly enjoy ourselves in the "missing" process. It's been tough. Yes siree Bob, it's been hard. So, well, anyway...
I got a bit more canning done this week. I made chow chow and got it canned. Then I also canned some quart jars of new potatoes. Both the chow chow and the taters were a first for me. I've gotten quite a good start stocking my winter pantry (especially considering the drought this summer). Speaking of drought, we had 3 days of good rain this week. The pasture is really greening up and the grass is growing. The ponds have lots of water in them, and the cows are happy. And so are we.
I'm leaving you with some pics of the results of God's bounty (and a wee bit of my labors). Til next time....

No comments: