Saturday, August 4, 2007

Back to Normal???

Vacation is officially over now. I guess it's time to settle back down to "normal" now....whatever that means! Amy was home for about 3 1/2 weeks and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was good to spend time with her. We did alot of things and went alot of places together.
The kids got to go to the beach and spend time with their grandparents...

We went to the Rocky Mount Living History Museum...


We went to the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg... We ate at the Old Mill Restaurant in Gatlinburg also. What a neat place! They converted an old mill that was used from the early 1800s to the early 1900s into a restaurant. Good food, too. :O)

Oh, and I am SO enjoying my Japanese doll that Amy gave me! Isn't she beautiful? (I think of Amy everytime I see her!) All in all, we just enjoyed having all of us together again under one roof. There's just nothing quite like family. :O)

So....normal is back now. Next week, Lord willing, we'll be starting our new school year on Wednesday. We have all of our school books, everything is in order, and we're ready to go. We're trying out some new curriculum with some of our subjects, and I feel pleased with our choices. So, we're just gonna take a deep breath and plunge right in!! I'll be posting soon! Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back to the old grindstone. Yuck! :)

Anonymous said...

I always forget to put my name-Jen...hahaha like you didn't know