Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just when I thought I was finished...

We picked yet another 5 gallon bucket of beans yesterday. So I was busy canning today...just when I thought I had canned enough! :O) But I'm not complaining....I'm thankful my shelves are stocked with plenty. And I'd say 78 jars of green beans is plenty, wouldn't you? (especially since there are some beans left from last year too!) :O)
We went fishing again Monday at Douglas Lake. Spent most of the day fishing and swimming and just boating around. I love to go into one of the many coves on this lake. It was quite refreshing to dive into the water when it was a hot and muggy 95 degrees outside. We caught about 5 or 6 fish....most of them too small to keep. But here's a picture of the Queen Fisherwoman (as she called herself) with one of her bluegill....
The mountains looked quite "smoky" today....it was pretty hazy. Just when we were in the thick of catching fish, a storm rolls in. We didn't get rain, but the lightning was awful! We pulled into a small cove, tied the boat on shore, and waited on the bank for a while. (Rachel grabbed the cooler to take with us....just in case we're stranded here for days? "Mom, how long do you think this last ham sandwich will last us?" "Oh, at least 20 minutes Rachel...at least.") I do not like being near water in a bad storm!! Yikes. Scary how quick one can come up! Here is a picture of one of our fishing spots....if you look closely, near the center of the picture you can see Indian Creek Bridge. We fed alot of fish here....yep, fed them. Quick as we threw our line in the water, they stole the bait! A few times, we'd almost get one up to the boat, then it'd get off the line! We didn't actually catch any fish here, but we left them alot fatter than when we got there! :O)
Oh, and the other day we went fishing in the Nolichucky River...wading and fishing (a very fun and refreshing thing to do on a hot day). Only one of us caught any fish that day. I'd tell you who it was, but I really don't like to brag. And it would be bragging for me to say that I was the one who caught that BIG BASS. So I won't say it. I'll just keep it to myself. I'm really a modest sort of person. Really.
Won't be long before school starts....August 6 is just around the corner.

No comments: