Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Grapes Galore!

Didn't I mention in the last post that I was finished canning for the summer? And I was sure I told you I had packed away the canner for the year. Well....I take it back. A neighbor very kindly brought me at least a peck and a half of grapes! Yippee! So guess what I'm doin'? Yep, I'm canning again! Well, at least I've started canning again. Since I thought I was finished for the year, I haven't bothered stocking up on jar lids yet....I only had enough for 7 jars. So, last night, I canned 7 quarts of grape juice. I'll get more lids tomorrow and then I'll be making jam or jelly and more juice!
I've also got a pumpkin and a cushaw to prepare. I may make a pumpkin pie and freeze any leftover filling. Then I'll probably make a cushaw cake.
By the way, if you happen to be looking for a website that has lots of canning info, here's a good one: PICK YOUR OWN. This is quite an informative site...the how-to's of canning, canning/freezing recipes, dehydrating how-to's, where to find a "pick your own" farm in your state, and tons of other things! Just thought I'd pass that along! Might come in handy for ya one day. I'll be posting soon...won't be long til you'll be able to see more of my famous (or should I say infamous) jar pictures! Woohoo! Bye for now...y'all be good! :O)

No comments: