Saturday, September 13, 2008

Just an update...

Well, it's been a little while since I've updated. To be honest, there's nothing really new to report. :O) My canning days are over for the summer, so you know what that means...no more jar pictures! (I can sense your relief) Of course, it also means alot less work for me. (Can you sense my relief?) :O) The garden is finished for the year except for the turnip greens we planted a few weeks ago. We're letting the okra go to seed and other than that, there's nothing left but some pepper plants, which I am letting dry.
So what am I doing in my kitchen with all my free time now that I've packed the canner away? Well, if you're interested, I made a lemon meringue pie today...been a long time since I've done that. Mmmmm....
I do believe the dog days of summer are over.....

September is proving milder weather than August. The nights are much cooler...fall is just around the corner!
The kids are doing well in school. Katie and Rachel are both finding their work a bit harder than last years' work. Not only is it taking them longer to complete each day, but it also means studying harder. Jacob has a very light load for his last year of high school, but we planned it that way. We tried to get the majority of his credits in the 9th through 11th grades, leaving the senior year for other electives he might want to take....and of course, a part time job (which he cannot seem to find). He is really liking his college course. But then, who doesn't enjoy Economics, right??!!
So, you see, nothing earth shattering going on here. No amazing photos. No Irish fiddle videos. No life-altering news. Just the typical goings-on of the Ferguson crew....all of those day-to-day happenings in a family that make life worth living. And I'm lovin' every minute of it! :O)
Before I close this post, let me leave you with two things. First a quote by Blaise Pascal,(1623-1662), that I ran across today, which quite impressed me.


"Truth is so obscure in these times,
and falsehood so established,
that, unless we love the truth,
we cannot know it."

And then, for those of you who like to read, let me recommend a good book. Written by George Eliot and first published in 1859, Adam Bede has become one of my favorites. It's definitely a classic.
Ok, so I'm hushin'. I'll be back with an update soon. :O)

No comments: