Friday, August 29, 2008

It's That Time of Year Again!

Yep folks, it's that time again. I'm fixing to give you the lowdown on all we were able to preserve this summer. This season was better than last year's, even though I canned alot last year too. I'm always amazed at how the Lord blesses. Just look!

The picture doesn't show all of the jars from this summer....the rest of the jars are stored here and there in the house. There just wasn't room for all of them in the pantry. The freezer is loaded too! Just how much did we preserve this year?? I'm SO glad you asked!
Green Beans - 95 jars
Salsa - 11 jars
Tomatoes 37 jars (still canning these!)
Soup - 11 jars
Relish - 5 jars
Bread & butter pickles - 4 jars
The freezer is filled with:
Corn - 22 dozen
Apples - 24 qts.
Freezer pickles - 34 containers

Tomatoes are still coming in but they're beginning to slow down now. Besides okra, that's about all the garden is putting out now. Lord willing, we'll have turnip greens soon. Think I'll try freezing those. Anyway, thanks for coming by and putting up with my jar pictures. :O)

No comments: