Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ah! How Refreshing! :O)

If you haven't read my post entitled "A Dry and Thirsty Land", go read that first here...then come back here and read this post. :O) I'm very happy to report that our cow pond is filling back up again! Since I wrote that last post, it's rained alot here!! The Lord has sure sent showers of blessing our way and we are one thankful family. (So are the cows, I'm sure!)
Just look! Isn't it beautiful? :O)
Now...on a different note, Jacob started his college course this week!! I was about as excited as he was! My kids will tell you what a pest I am with the camera and, yes, I forced the poor boy to pose with his college book so I could take his picture. I shut my ears to his pleas of "But Mom! Please don't make me do this!" I pretended not to see that he had rolled his eyes in the back of his head. Hey, if I don't document their lives in pictures, who will? They'll thank me for it one day, I'm sure. Well...I'm not exactly sure, but at least their lives will be documented in pictures. :O)
He seemed to think he's going to really enjoy the Economics class. Time will tell! He was disappointed that they had one class, then there isn't another class for 2 weeks because of the Labor Day holiday! Oh well, at least he's got lots of time to get his homework done. I wonder who he thinks is the tougher teacher....me or his professor! Hmm, I just might ask. :O) I asked him a gazillion questions about his class when he got home. In some ways, as a homeschool mom, this is sort of like a "test" for me too! Lots of thoughts are whirling through my head. Have I taught him everything I should have? Did I miss anything? I have tried to be very careful through the years in making sure the kids get everything they need academically. Now that things are getting down to the nitty gritty, I'm anxiously watching. :O) Hopefully, there won't be any "smack-your-forehead-and-wonder-how-I-could've-missed-that" moments! Oh, yikes!

PS - Miss you Amy! :O)

No comments: