Friday, August 8, 2008

School is Back in Session...

We started school this week!! Yay! It's gone really very well. I think the kids were about ready for "routine" again. Haven't even had any trouble waking them up early in the mornings! Well...I won't go that far...let me just say I haven't had any trouble waking up Jacob and Katie. Rachel is my sleepyhead. She walks around with her eyes closed for the first 30 minutes of her day! :O) But she's generally ready to go when it's time to hit the books.
Speaking of school, Jacob's college course, The Principles of Economics I, starts Aug. 25. He's looking forward to it...a bit nervous perhaps, but looking forward to it at the same time. :O) He'll be taking an evening class one night a week. It's a 4 hour class! I hope above all things, that he enjoys it.
Aside from school work, I've still been busy with the garden. I was able to get five more dozen ears of corn worked up and put in the freezer! We have really been blessed with corn this year...especially considering we didn't get a single ear last year!
The tomatoes are coming in now. I've already canned one run of them and I hope to get many more. I also made salsa last week....
And boy, did I make it H-O-T! Yikes! It's a bit hotter than I like it, but it's still quite yummy...
I think I may have put a few too many peppers in it! :O) Speaking of peppers, they're coming in fast now! We've got jalapeno, cayenne, and banana peppers. Here is a picture of some cayenne and jalapeno that I'm drying...
Guess that's about all for now. I'll be posting more updates soon! Tootaloo for now!

No comments: