Friday, August 15, 2008

Delight Thyself in the Lord...

Psalms 37:4 tells us to "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Now you may think it a very simple thing what I'm about to tell you...and honest, I wish I delighted myself in the Lord more often than I do...but the Lord does at times give us the desires of our heart because He's kind and merciful and He likes to give good gifts to His children. The "simple" thing I'm referring to is almost two bushels of apples. :O) That's pretty simple in and of itself. So what's the big deal? Well you may remember back HERE I told you about my poor old beautiful apple tree that just fell over one day. :O( Oh, how I miss that tree!! It's apples were SO good! Anyway, for several weeks now I've been wondering where I can get some apples to make apple butter, apple pie filling, cooked apples, and applesauce to preserve. I've even asked Matt to ask around at work. We never could come up with a source for apples. But this morning as we were doing school, a neighbor called and asked....yep, you guessed it...if I wanted apples!!! He said his tree was almost bent over touching the ground it was so loaded down!! From the moment I got that call, I absolutely positively 100% for sure KNEW that the Lord had just done that on purpose for me. Just for ME!! So, yeah, I guess that few bushels of apples is a simple thing...but not in my book! I am so thankful to get them!! I've thanked the Lord many times already for them and will continue to do so. Just look at 'em!! :O) Tonight the kids helped me peel one bushel of apples and I've made about 10 quarts of cooked apples for the freezer!! (Thank you again, Lord!) :O)
Before I could even get started on those apples, I had to can another run of tomatoes! :O) Didn't want them going bad. I also canned some vegetable soup base this week. Okra, tomatoes, onions, and peppers. That'll be nummy this winter. (Here's a pic of the soup, so just scroll down, Papaw) haha!
The corn is all puckered out now, so Jacob cut the stalks and fed them to the cows. I'm here to tell ya, those were some happy cows. They also got the apple cores!

By the way, isn't this just the sweetest looking heifer you've ever seen? I think she's got the cutest little ol' face. :O) We have never ever never had a white cow before so she just sorta stands out to me.
School is going just great! The kids are learning. I'm learning. That's what I call progress. Can't beat that. Um, let me see...yep, I think that's about all I wanted to post about. So til next time...see ya later! :O)
PS - Joel and Ivy...we're looking forward to seeing y'all next week!!

No comments: