Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Getting Out of the House!

Because of the weather, I haven't ventured far from the house for 2 or 3 days. Oh, I did go out on the back porch to get wood for the stove a few times. :O) I am NOT a snow person. And it seems that the older I get, the colder I get...so I'm not much of a cold person anymore either...even though winter is probably my favorite time of the year. (Imagine that from someone who used to walk barefoot in the snow to get the mail!! Yikes! Did I really do that??!!) So anyway, we're supposed to see temps in the 30s today and after another cold night (low of 10 degrees) it'll be nice! Yesterday I couldn't have gone anywhere if I had wanted to. The brakes on the back wheels of the van froze up and it wouldn't budge! Matt did something with a hammer and unfroze it today though. Today is Wednesday so I'll be getting out to go to church! I'm getting a little stir crazy, though I must admit I've enjoyed these few days of lounging around in my warm fuzzy jammies. :O) The back roads have been pretty nasty...Matt slid and slipped most of the way to work. (They don't salt the roads way out here for some reason. Hmm.) We ended up with just a few inches of snow (believe me, it was more than enough)...here is a picture taken before it all fell....
The kids have had fun playing in it...."skating" on the creek, throwing snowballs, etc... And it seems that Katie's just got a thing for miniature snowmen. Here's another one she made...
And last, but not least, is just a random picture of icicles that were hanging on the edge of the roof that I thought was kinda pretty. :O)
I haven't mentioned school in a little while. I'm happy to report it's going well. Rachel...who is not a math-lover...is making great strides lately in that subject. She hasn't made anything below an 88 since our second semester started. Trust me, this is a good thing. And remember I said Jacob started his Accounting course this past Monday? Scratch that. It's next Monday. :O) Katie's breezing right along with her school work too. She's really developed a love of reading this year, and I'm always glad to see that. And what about their teacher, you might ask? She's learning right along with 'em. :O) And lovin' every minute of it. It really is a joy to be able to educate your own youngens...stressful days and all. :O)
Hope y'all have a good day!

No comments: