Thursday, January 8, 2009

It Started Out as One of Those Days...

Today...is a good day. It really is. I'm happy. I'm healthy. I've been blessed with a good family. The Lord is good. I have no complaints. But have you ever had one of "those" days? You know the kind I'm talking about...the kind where you drop everything you pick up, or trip over your own feet, or say one thing when you mean another. :O) I was in my little kitchen this morning, after I had gotten the kids going in school...fixing a big ol' kettle of homemade soup, thinking what a pleasure it would be to serve it to my family for dinner along with a plate of cornbread. I was also planning what dessert I could make that my family would enjoy after dinner. So I figured I'd conjure up a chocolate layer cake with chocolate icing and coconut-pecan filling. I whipped together the cake, popped it into the oven, and got back to the business of math and grammar with the girls. The timer went off indicating my cake was done. Matt and I were talking while I was taking the layers out of the oven. As I was getting one of the layers out of the pan, I turned to answer a question Matt had asked, and lo and behold if the cake didn't fall right out of my hands and plop pretty-as-you-please right onto the floor. We both just stood there looking at the cake...shocked into not knowing what else to do at the moment! :O) I could only stand there...a full minute or so...and stare without blinking. I didn't cry and I didn't think bad thoughts. Honest. Never said a word...I couldn't! :O) It was just one of those things...on one of those days. :O) I got down on the floor and cleaned up the mess...and thought about what we wouldn't be having for dessert today! :O) Note to self: You have got to cut back on multi-tasking.
On a different note, my what strange weather we're having lately. It rained pretty solid for several days. This morning things turned pretty chilly again. I looked out the window saw it was snowing to beat the band...great big ol' flakes. Don't think they're calling for any accumulation but it sure had me fooled for a little while. :O)



Wishing you all a wonderful day!

No comments: