Friday, January 2, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!

Ok, so I'm a day or two late in wishing everybody a wonderful and happy new year! There are still 363 days left in 2009 to enjoy! And I hope it's a prosperous year for everybody! Made any New Year's resolutions? As a general rule, I don't make resolutions, but I have to admit it's a good time to review and re-establish goals. A few of my goals for this year include: (1) putting a little more "oomph" into the last half of the school year (seems like the 2nd semester of any school year is always a little "blah"), (2) re-organizing school records, (3) memorize and read more Scripture. I think lots of folks purpose to read the Bible through in a year. If you're one of those folks, here's a good plan to follow if you're just wanting to read straight through from Genesis to Revelation: http://www.heartlight.org/devotionals/reading_plans/straightthrough.pdf There are other plans listed here http://www.heartlight.org/devotionals/reading_plans/ There are also some good books I have on my "Wanna Read" list. :O) I love old books especially.
Speaking of old things, I'm lovin' my old butter churn!! Seems to take a bit less time to churn than to "shake" butter and I'd a whole lot rather churn than shake any day! :O) I'm now looking for an old butter mold. Keeping my eye on eBay! ;O)
I'll leave you with a spur-of-the-minute picture we took on the last Sunday of 2008. So from our house to yours, best wishes for a....
HAPPY 2009!

No comments: